Disclaimer (Click here to read more
Path to MBA Diversity Forum Applicant Agreement
MBA JumpStart ("JumpStart") and some of our service offerings are sponsored in conjunction with educational institutions. Application to and participation in the MBA JumpStart Diversity Forum ("Forum") or Award for Excellence Scholarship is expressly conditioned on the acceptance of the terms and conditions outlined herein. By submitting my application, I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Decisions on participation, admittance, and recipients are at the sole discretion of JumpStart. I acknowledge that the information provided in my application is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge and that any misrepresentation and/or omission will automatically disqualify me from consideration for or participation in the Forum. I understand that JumpStart has the right to request additional information, documents or verifications on any information referenced by me in my application.
- I understand that my completed application (as noted on the application forms) does NOT guarantee acceptance to the Forum, receipt of a scholarship, or anything beyond a decision on your status and that JumpStart will evaluate all applicants and make acceptance/decline decisions at their sole discretion.
- I understand that incomplete applications will NOT be considered. Guidelines on a complete application (inclusive of all required responses, materials, etc.) are noted on the application.
- I grant JumpStart permission to collect and store information provided in the application or made known at the Forum. (Note: JumpStart does not collect or store sensitive personal information such as social security numbers, tax identification numbers, etc.). If you selected the option to authorize JumpStart to share profile information about you, Jumpstart shall have the right to provide selective information to Forum sponsors, attendees, and others at Jumpstart's discretion.
- I understand that if selected to participate in the Forum that I am responsible for travel and other related expenses to and from the Forum destination location (including ground transportation to and from the airport, etc.). This will also include paying for lodging. JumpStart will over expenses specific to the forum events such as group meals and beverages from the beginning of the forum until the end.
- I understand that if I am selected to participate in the Forum, and I confirm my attendance, but fail to attend all required scheduled events of the Forum, I am subject to disciplinary action at the discretion of JumpStart. I acknowledge that my failure to attend and/or participate in the entire Forum deprives others of the career opportunity and positions JumpStart to incur certain costs. As applicable to the aforementioned items, I will be responsible for reimbursing JumpStart for all cost incurred as a result of my failure to attend including, but not limited to, the cost of lodging, meals, event transportation, and administrative fees. I also understand that once I arrive for the Forum, I must attend all required events or I may be subject to ejection from the Forum and I will be responsible for reimbursing JumpStart for all cost incurred as a result of my actions. In the event of extraordinary circumstances, JumpStart may grant exceptions to this requirement at its sole discretion.
- JumpStart reserves the right to deny a candidate entry or to eject a candidate from the Forum based upon disruptive, inappropriate or offensive behavior, as determined by JumpStart at its sole discretion.
- I grant JumpStart an irrevocable, non-exclusive license to utilize their name, image, title, likeness, statements and/or testimonials in order to advertise, market, promote, and publicize JumpStart, the Forum and/or other services JumpStart provides.
- JumpStart provides a proprietary service via the Forum and continually seeks to protect all intellectual property it has created or acquired therein. I am expressly prohibited from disseminating and/or using any information confidential or otherwise provided as a participant including, but not limited to, contact or personal information of any participants (i.e. sponsors or other attendees) or information provided or shared to you as part of your participation for any commercial use, competitive or non-competitive purpose without the express written consent of the JumpStart. JumpStart reserves the right to seek legal action against any candidate or third party for violation of this provision or any of it intellectual property rights.
- If selected to attend the Diversity Forum, I understand I may be required to provide documentation showing permission/consent to participate by a parent or legal guardian.